Langsung ke konten utama

Building My First Gundam Model Kit Experience

Hello there! How are you today? I hope all of you are doing fine. Today is my third week of doing my Internship in Malang. My Internship has been started in the second week of June but I already moved to a dorm in the first week. Even this is already my third week in Malang, sometimes I still feel difficult to adapt to the environment around here. But I'm pretty sure I just need more time so I can adapt to this environment.

Before I moved to Malang, I already prepared a list of things to do and places to go. I know, my trip to Malang is for my Internship but I think it's alright to refresh my mind in my spare time or weekend. On my to-do list, I write down "Buy A Gundam Model Kit". I write it because I want to have some activity in the dorm. I found back my interest in Gundam after I watched the Mobile Suit Gundam: 00 movies. Actually, I already interested in Gundam since I was in high school but back then I didn't have a plan to buy a Gundam model kit because the price is a little bit pricey for me. You know, as high school students usually, we don't have a lot of money. Because of that, I abort my plan to buy a Gundam model kit.

Buying a model kit is different from buying an action figure. When you buy an action figure, you just buy it and then put it to display. But you need to build the model kit before you can display it. For my first model kit, I had a plan to buy Gundam Exia from Gundam 00 Series. It's the first Gundam series I watched so I want to buy it to bring some nostalgic vibe. After two weeks arrived in Malang, I started traveling around the city and visiting some Gundam stores in Malang that I already researched before. Unfortunately, the model kit I wanted is not available. After that, I search for it in the online store but it's still not available. I feel so disappointed because I need to postpone my building Gundam activity. But then I found the Gundam Vidar model kit in the online store. I remember when I'm still in high school, I searched for a Gundam model kit in an online store after I see my high school senior's Gundam model kit, and then I found that model. So, without thinking too much I decided to buy it.

I take this photo on Friday.

Gundam Vidar is a Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans series. I recently watched the series before I go to Malang and I still watch it until now. The model is unique because the weapon is similar to the sword from Attack on Titan anime where you can refill your sword with a new sword. It also has dual handguns and a sniper rifle as weapons. But don't forget it has dual knives attached to its feet which make this model more unique. The color combination of blue and black make this model have a dark and cool vibe.

When opening the model kit box for the first time, I feel a little bit confused because there are so many small parts to combine. But luckily, the instruction is included inside the box. So I can follow the step carefully to build this Gundam. While reading the instruction, I carefully cut each part and then combine it into different body parts. The most difficult step is applying the sticker because I need to apply a very small sticker into a small part. But I used tweezers that I bought together with the other tools before. It really helps me to apply the sticker even some stickers look so messy because I try so many times to apply them.

After two days of doing all my best to build this model kit. Finally, I can finish my first Gundam model kit. I can finish it quickly because on the second day, my internship is on an off day so I can spend my day continuing building this model kit. Even the result looks rough on some parts because I didn't cut it carefully but I still feel proud and happy because I can finish it. I took so many pictures of it and upload them to my social media story. Then I'm thinking to do a real photo session for my first Gundam model kit. So, I research a lot of things about Gundam photography and the pose. I learn many things from it like set the lighting, angle, pose, composition, and much more. Two days after it, I started the photo session on Friday morning in front of my dorm warehouse. Even this is my first time doing photography with a toy as my object, but I want to share my result with you all. Here you can see the photos of my Gundam Vidar.









I also upload these pictures on my Instagram and Facebook. You can check it there. Before I end my post, I want to say thank you very much for reading my post about my experience building my first Gundam. I hope this post can be useful for you especially for you who want to begin your first building Gundam model kit. You can also ask questions on the comment if you have some questions related to my post.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Life Is Meaningless Without These Playlists

Hello there! It's been a long time since I made my last post. I know since this blog has turned into an assignment blog, I rather upload a post here. But I'm start thinking to write a new post here in my spare time because I want to increase my writing skill too. In this post, I'm not gonna tell you something important. I'm just gonna share my Spotify playlists. I often to listening to these playlists in my spare time. These are the important playlists I've ever had. I can't imagine how boring my spare time without listening to songs from these playlists. Because of that, in this post, I will make a short description of my playlist. A random pic that I found on Pinterest. Reminder! Since I'm a metal fan, so my playlist will often include metal songs. If you're not interested or maybe hate metal music because it's just a "noise", you can skip reading it. But if you like metal songs too, please read and enjoy this post. So let's start des

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

Hi there! Today I want to tell you about my motorcycle. My motorcycle is Honda Verza 150 and the color is white. My father bought this motorcycle when I was in 10th grade at Senior High School 6 Surakarta. A motorcycle that always accompanies me going everywhere. No matter there is rain or storm, we will pass through it together. This motorcycle was released in 2017 but my father bought it in 2018. I really like my motorcycle, because the price is cheaper than other sports motorcycles in the 150cc class. It's also really saving fuel although I often to go to many places. Not like the usual Honda Verza, my motorcycle has different decals. I give that decals after I was graduated from Senior High School 6 Surakarta. These decals were inspired by Takumi Fujiwara's car from the Initial D series. Takumi Fujiwara's Toyota Trueno AE86 I also installed some parts on my motorcycle like Phone Holder and LED Lamp. This phone holder always helps me to put my phone wh

Ameno Ramen, Angkringan Dengan Gaya Khas Jepang

Kemarin, Sabtu, 11 Agustus 2018. Saya dan teman saya pergi keluar untuk menikmati malam minggu. Karena pada saat itu saya belum makan malam. Maka saya memutuskan untuk keluar mencari makan malam. Sebelum berangkat. Kami sempat bingung untuk mencari tempat makan yang diinginkan. Dan setelah menghabiskan waktu beberapa menit untuk memikirkan tempat makan malam. Akhirnya teman saya memberikan usulan untuk ke Ameno Ramen. Ameno Ramen? saya baru pertama kali mendengar nama itu jadi saya sendiri belum ada gambaran sama sekali bagaimana tempat dan rasanya.